Travel Lead OSP Technician
Glen Burnie, MD 21061 US
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate with boring and handhole installation contractors
- Ability to midspan various types of fiber from 6ct to 288ct fibers in a live hot cut environment.
- Ability to properly prep fiber and install a variety of underground splice enclosures, enter existing enclosures with precision.
- Perform cable installation, construction, maintenance, and repair works.
- Possess knowledge in all types of splicing activity, cable and safety test equipment and use of all types of cable construction equipment.
- Locate and repair cables faults to maintain existing cable network without causing signal failure interruptions.
- Validate and test end-to-end service provisioning for the cable network.
- Review site surveys, condition discrepancy reports, design drawings, technical manuals for cable installation feasibility.
- Must be able to clearly see color and shading in plans and materials.
- Must have vision to allow differences in colors, shades and brightness.
- Must have flexibility in scheduling to meet the needs of the business.
- Must be able to work in different temperatures and changing weather conditions.
- Must be able to traverse and inspect all areas of jobsite in all types of weather; this may include walking, climbing, reaching, bending, crawling, or stretching.
- Install, test and document cabling.
- Understand material and labor management (est. v. actual)
- Proficient with various types of fiber optic fusion splicing and unicam terminations
- Ability to read and create splice allocation charts.
- Field troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Previous experience with OSP underground and intra building industry standards.
- Must be able to lift and move 50 or more pounds.
- Installation and repair of various pull boxes, tracer cables and all forms of underground conduit
- Build out projects to required specifications.
- Reading blueprints
- Fire-stop various types of cable penetrations.
- Work with customer contacts on projects and work orders, as needed.
- Coordinate projects with end-users and vendors when required.
- Ability to do field estimations accurately and relay that information to our engineering staff.
- Report project scope changes, issues or questions